Shri Rangji Temple is the largest and most luxurious temple of Brajmandal. This temple was built by Seth Radha Krishna and Govinddas, brother of Seth Lakhmichand of Mathura, in 1823. Both the brothers were disciples of Acharya Rangadeshik Swami of the Ramanuja sect. Before this temple, there was no other temple built on Dakshinatya style in North India. Swami Rangdeshik ji got the idols made in Bhootpuri in South India and they were ceremoniously brought to Vrindavan with great care.
According to Dravidian style, this temple is surrounded by high walls. The beautiful structure of the sanctum sanctorum, multi-pillared ornate pavilion, wide verandah, courtyard and circumambulation path, flag pillar, garden and lake etc. in the temple is worth seeing. There is a 60 feet high flagpole in the courtyard of the temple, which has been covered with gold leaf. There are many temples in the temple, in which idols of gods and goddesses of the Ramanuja sect are installed. Such huge idols of gods are not found in any other temple of Vrindavan.
Seth Radhakrishna had donated this newly constructed temple and all the related property to Swami Rangdeshik in 1857 as per the rules. Swamiji formed a trust in 1868 for the smooth functioning of the temple, which is still taking care of the temple.
The pleasant surprise is that there are a total of 384 festivals in a year. Brahmotsav is the main festival here, it is celebrated with great pomp in Chaitra Krishna Paksha. Every day the Lord is taken out on various vehicles, which starts from the temple and reaches the garden of Shrirangji.